You can apply for a Temporary Worker - Government Authorised Exchange visa (T5) if you:
- want to come to the UK for a short time for work experience or to do training, an Overseas Government Language Programme, research or a fellowship through an approved government authorised exchange scheme
- have a sponsor
- a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor
- enough money to support yourself in the UK – you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you’re exempt)
The application fee for each person applying is £244.
The fee is the same whether you’re applying from inside or outside the UK.
Documents you must provide
When you apply you’ll need to provide:
- your certificate of sponsorship reference number – your employer will give you this
- a valid passport or other document that shows your identity and nationality
- evidence that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK, for example bank statements (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your employer can support you)
- proof of your relationship with your partner or childrenif they’re applying with you
- your tuberculosis test resultsif you’re from a country where you have to take the test
- a valid ATAS certificateif your employer tells you that you need one because your job involves researching a sensitive subject at PhD level or higher